I have a secret I’d like to share with you.
Tired of the seemingly ungratefulness of your children?
Sad that you are not being credited with rearing awesome kids?
If you answered yes to any of these questions read on.
For full disclosure you need to know this plan will take a commitment from you for and entire year. In this year you will be creating the ultimate Mother’s Day gift and teaching your child appreciation for even the smallest thing and changing a “give me” attitude to a heart of gratitude.
Here are the steps.
1. Purchase a notebook or journal that has at least 190-370 pages in it for each of your children. Young kids may need less pages while older kids can use more especially if they love to write.
2. The day after Mother’s Day meet with each child and give them the journal.
3. Tell each child to leave the first two pages empty and then each day they will be writing something that they noticed about mom or what mom did that made them feel good.
4. Help them write their first entry. So steps 2-4 are done the day after Mother’s Day. Remember to start on page three.
5. Each night make sure they have made an entry.
6. At the end of the year the day before Mother’s Day, help them to write an introduction to the journal on those first two pages. If the introduction is only one page, use the second page for a photo or a drawing.
7. Help them wrap it and watch mom’s face as she reads how her loving deeds are noticed, appreciated and helped impact her children’s lives.
Through this process you will probably see a thankful, grateful heart developing in your children.
Let me know how this works for you.