Are you and your teen trying to “out yell” each other?
Do you think your teen is hiding something from you?
Is your teen making dangerous choices?
Do you wish that you and your teen could understand and respect each other?
When you notice your teenager is having extreme behaviors, it is time to evaluate what may be going on. Where do you think that your teen is headed if the behaviors are not attended to? Behaviors can have lifelong consequences. It is important to develop a plan that you can implement sooner rather than later.
- Peer pressure from girl games, bullying or sex
- Suicide thoughts or threats
- Self-harm using drugs, alcohol or cutting
- Staying in their room and refusing to join in any activity
- Anger expressed by slamming doors, hitting walls, or yelling
- Sadness and using one word answers
- Intelligent teen failing in school
Any of these behaviors can indicate a problem. Seeking outside assistance is appropriate. I can help you and your teen develop focused solutions. Give me a call for a no cost 15 minute phone consultation.
Benefits of Therapy
- Alleviate anxiety and depression
- Modify behaviors
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Enhance and regulate moods
- Cope with grief and loss
- Create healthy relationships
- Learn effective communication skills
- Strengthen self esteem
Read this article for additional information about choosing the right therapist.